Summer Fruit Slaw
Posted in SALAD, SIDES, Recipes by National Kidney Foundation Share
This summer fruit slaw from the National Kidney Foundation is quick, easy and fresh! Thank you, NKF!
Total Time: 01 hours 45 minutes
Author: National Kidney Foundation
- • 1 apple, washed with stems and bottom removed
- • 1 crisp pear, washed with stems and bottom removed
- • 1 large stalk rhubarb, washed with top and bottom removed
- • ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- • ½ cup orange juice
- • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- • ½ teaspoon honey
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 51.33
- Protein: 0.55 g
- Cholesterol: 0.00 mg
- Calcium: 18.63 mg
- Potassium: 157.76 mg
- Phosphorus: 15.31 mg
- Fiber: 2.10 g
- Fat: 0.17 g
- Slice the apples into quarters, cutting around the core and seeds.
- Then cut those pieces until you have a bunch of thin, apple matchsticks.
- Repeat with the pears.
- And finally, cut the rhubarb into quarters, so that each piece is approximately the same length as your apple and pear matchsticks, and cut those pieces into thin matchsticks as well.