Fall is in full swing, and that means we’re also in the midst of football season! This mouth-watering buffalo chicken dip is the perfect combination of spicy and savory, and it is sure to be the star of the show for all those tailgates! Not only is it delicious, it’s low in potassium and sodium, and versatile. Serve it with veggies, low-sodium chips or use the leftovers and make a wrap for lunch. Cheer on your team as you enjoy this scrumptious kidney-friendly snack!
Total Time: 00 hours 45 minutes
Author: American Kidney Fund
- 4-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco® hot pepper sauce, divided
- 2 cups chicken (fresh or canned), cooked and shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories: 142.20
- Protein: 7.55 g
- Cholesterol: 40.50 mg
- Calcium: 46.79 mg
- Sodium: 122.09 mg
- Potassium: 121.03 mg
- Phosphorus: 73.70 mg
- Fiber: 0.02 g
- Fat: 11.38 g
1. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Add 2 teaspoons of Tabasco® sauce. Stir until combined.
2. Add chicken and gently mix. Add additional hot sauce ½ teaspoon at a time; taste and continue to add hot sauce to the heat level you desire.
3. Place mixture in a slow cooker for 2 to 3 hours on low heat or bake in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
4. Serve dip warm with tortilla chips, carrots, celery, cucumber or cauliflower.