15 Sep Hearty Vegetable Soup
Hearty Vegetable Soup
A diabetic, renal friendly vegetable soup that helps to fill you up.
- 32 oz. sodium free chicken broth (2 16 oz. cans)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 3 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 c. frozen green beans
- 1 c. white rice (replace with 2 c. noodles if desired)
- Chop the onion, carrots, and celery and add to a two quart sauce pan with the two cans of sodium free chicken broth and the two cups of frozen green beans.
- If using rice add to pan.
- Simmer until the carrots are soft.
- If using noodles, add after carrots are cooked and simmer until the noodles are tender.