The Best Dialysis Program at the Right Cost
DCI recognizes that hospitals face increasing fiscal and competitive pressures and must develop strategies to maintain or improve their financial position without sacrificing quality. Many hospitals are paying too much for sub-standard dialysis care. Allow us to speak with you about how DCI can assist your organization with cost reduction through a seamless, high-quality dialysis program at an affordable price.
DCI Quality Management (QM) program
- The QM program ensures patients are provided exceptional care without differentiation between DCI and hospital staff.
- It offers a unified approach that will promote positive feedback on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey.
Medical Information System (MIS)
- DARWIN is DCI’s tailor-made, web-based MIS that can generate useful reports for the hospital.
- The transfer of information from DARWIN is seamless and readily available for hospital staff and outpatient units at all times.
Joint Commission standards
DCI can help the hospital comply with the Joint Commission standards. DCI is skilled in evaluating and reporting the Joint Commission performance indicators:
- Machine cultures and endotoxins
- Water quality standards
- Machine safety checks
- Hospital readmissions, specifically infection related
- Care given reflective of order
- Nephrologist notified of critical values
- Hand-off communication pre and post treatment between dialysis and hospital staffPatient education
- The goal of care coordination is to communicate the care of the patient with all key parties during and post hospitalization, ensuring an accurate and timely discharge with the goal of preventing a re-hospitalization.
- Through care coordination, staff engage patients in their plan of care helping them to reach their health goals.
DCI has relationships with:
- Health systems
- University teaching centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Long term care facilities
- Rural hospitals
- Pediatric medical centers
Modalities commonly offered in the hospital:
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis