19 Oct Vidalia Onion Pie
Vidalia Onion Pie
- 1 1/2 c. Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1/3 c. butter (melted)
- 2 T. butter
- 2 c. sweet Vidalia onions (sliced)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c. half and half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Ritz crackers and 1/3 c. melted butter; press mixture firmly in 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; melt 2 T. butter in skillet and sauté onions. Do not brown!
- Cook onions until clear; spread into crust.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Pour mix over onions then spread cheese over top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set.
You may use regular pie crust in place of Ritz crackers, if desired.