04 Dec Vegetables & Rice
Vegetables & Rice
- 2 ½ c. rice (cooked, salt-free)
- 1 10-oz. package frozen green peas, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/4 c. margarine (unsalted)
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Sauté chopped onion in margarine until tender.
- Add rice, green peas, lemon juice, thyme and liquid smoke.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
Potassium: 99 mg
Phosphorus: 67 mg
Other vegetables may be used: broccoli, green beans, corn, and celery.
Other seasonings may be used: Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, sage.