29 Sep Tangy Meatballs
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- 2 T. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c. plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash onion herb seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. egg beaters
- 1 T. no salt added ketchup
- 3 T. low sugar grape jelly
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté until celery and onions are translucent.
- Place bread crumbs, garlic powder, and Mrs.
- Dash in a bowl and stir in sautéed celery and onions.
- Mix in ground beef and egg beaters.
- Form into 16 equal meatballs.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place meatballs in pan and bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Sauce preparation – While meatballs are in the oven place ketchup, grape jelly, vinegar and bell pepper in a small pan.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over cooked meatballs and serve.
This is good served over rice. (Not included in nutritional analysis.)