04 Dec Sweet & Savory Maple Sausage Stuffing
Sweet & Savory Maple Sausage Stuffing
- 4 oz. low salt maple sausage recipe see "Low Salt Maple Sausage Recipe"
- 2 c. whole wheat bread cubed
- 4 c. white bread cubed
- 4 oz. ground turkey
- 1 c. onion finely chopped
- 3/4 c. celery chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried ground sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley minced
- 1 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1/2 apple chopped
Prepare maple sausage recipe (see https://www.dciinc.org/sweet-maple-sausage-low-salt/ ).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake bread cubes on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until dry and toasted.
Set aside in a large casserole dish (9×11).
Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
Add sausage, ground turkey, and onion.
Cook 10 minutes or until evenly browned.
Stir in celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add sausage mixture to baking dish along with apple and parsley.
Stir to combine.
Pour chicken broth and melted butter over mixture and stir to coat evenly.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Potassium: 171 mg
Phosphorus: 75 mg
Adapted from Northwest Kidney Centers