04 Dec Sweet & Savory Maple Sausage Stuffing
Sweet & Savory Maple Sausage Stuffing
- 4 oz. low salt maple sausage recipe (see "Low Salt Maple Sausage Recipe")
- 2 c. whole wheat bread (cubed)
- 4 c. white bread (cubed)
- 4 oz. ground turkey
- 1 c. onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 c. celery (chopped)
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried (ground sage)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1/2 apple (chopped)
- Prepare maple sausage recipe (see https://www.dciinc.org/sweet-maple-sausage-low-salt/ ).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread cubes on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until dry and toasted.
- Set aside in a large casserole dish (9×11).
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add sausage, ground turkey, and onion.
- Cook 10 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Stir in celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add sausage mixture to baking dish along with apple and parsley.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour chicken broth and melted butter over mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Potassium: 171 mg
Phosphorus: 75 mg
Adapted from Northwest Kidney Centers