03 Sep Spicy Coconut Curry Chicken
Spicy Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1 4 oz can diced green chili peppers
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 T. curry powder
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 7 oz can coconut milk
- 2 c. white rice (cooked)
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine chicken, green onions, green chili peppers, garlic, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, lime juice, and water in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours.
- After cooking time, shred chicken with a fork, stir in coconut milk.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve ½ chicken breast with ½ cup cooked rice and garnish with cilantro.