03 Sep Slow Cook Chuck Roast
Slow Cook Chuck Roast
- 1 large onion
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 T. garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste for desired spice
- 2-3 lbs. of chuck roast
- Sprinkle canola oil in slow cooker.
- Thinly slice onion and place in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder, cayenne pepper and dried basil on onion.
- Turn heat to low.
- Place meat on top of onion, cover and cook for 20 minutes without disturbing.
- Remove lid and flip meat; replace lid and cook for 10-15 more minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and place on platter/plate.
- Top roast with onions.