15 Sep Shrimp Scampi
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 T. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 T. white wine
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 T. butter (cold, cubed)
- 1 T. parsley (chopped)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the shrimp in flour mixture and coat evenly.
- In a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat half of the canola oil.
- Sauté the shrimp for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until pink and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate or sheet tray to rest.
- In the same pan, combine the garlic, wine (or chicken broth), and lemon juice.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture and cook until it simmers.
- Turn off heat and stir in the cold butter in small amounts until it is all in.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan.
- Add parsley and toss or stir until shrimp is coated.
Low sodium chicken broth may be substituted for white wine.