03 Sep Renal-Safe Macaroni and Cheese
Renal-Safe Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 c. elbow (shell, or bow-tie pasta)
- 1 5 oz. jar Philadelphia cheese (Pimento spread made with cream cheese.)
- 1 4 oz. jar diced green chilies (rinsed and drained)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water without salt or butter until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta while noodles are hot.
- Add the pimento cheese spread and chilies.
- Stir until the cheese spread is melted into the pasta.
For a higher protein variation, add browned and drained ground beef. (Not included in Nutritional Analysis).