SEEK Manna – Screening Educational Event for Kidneys provided by Manna
SEEK – will be a health fair/wellness event that provides anyone access to have health screenings such blood sugar, blood pressure, BMI, and urinalysis. Participants in the screenings will also have many professionals available to speak with to learn more about their health and how to prevent kidney disease. The information collected will be provided on a card so that the people are able to take it to their health care provider. There will also be a kids section and a get moving section also.
To provide the community with knowledge to help prevent kidney disease.
Screening Educational Event for Kidneys (SEEK) Health Fair was on May 5, 2019 from 10am to 2pm. Several local businesses joined to make this a successful day at the High Blue Wellness Center in Belton, MO. High Blue Wellness Center allowed SEEK to use their gymnasium. Half of the gym had a kids zone and the other half we provided screenings and local businesses had booths. We doubled our attendee numbers from the previous health fair with a total of 107 and we had several volunteers that made the day happen! Attendees were provided a screening card at the welcome table, signed a release for pictures, a bag to collect information and a bottle of water. Volunteers were provided T-shirts, lunch and a huge thank you for their time at the event. Kidney Rock from Dialysis Clinic, Inc. was a hit with the kids and adults!
- Swope Health Services – provides Medical, Dental, Behavioral, Children and Women’s Health services. Providers and individuals were available for the attendees.
- ***A connection with our local REACH department began due to SEEK Health Fair***
- Elite Physical Therapy – provides physical therapy and other services. Physical therapists available to evaluate balance and grip strength
- Complete Strength – provides athlete performance and fitness training. Provided information about fitness
- Back Snack Program – Belton, MO School District Backpack Food Program table to provide information about how they can help
- Good Shepherd Hospice – provided information about their services
- Restoration House – provided information about their services
- Manna Fellowship Church
- Screenings available and educational flyers for each available for attendees:
- Urine Screening
- Blood pressure Screening
- Blood Sugar Screening
- Height, Weight, BMI
- Dietitian, Pharmacist, Counselors and Nurse Practitioners were available to speak with attendees
- Educational Games
- Sugar and Salt content quizzes
- 8 Gift Baskets for attendees to win – they placed their name on the ticket provided
- Mallory Eubanks a professional soccer player held a free soccer training for the kids
- Sydney Marlborough a retired WNBA player and her husband Bryan had a free mini basketball camp for the kids
- Mega Mixer T – a DJ provided music and entertainment
- Small Bouncy House
- Face Painting
- Various games (corn hole, bowling, ring toss, etc.)