10 Sep Onion Dinner Roll
Onion Dinner Roll
Onion flavored dinner roll
- 2 c. flour
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried minced onions
- 2 – 2 1/2 c. flour
- In large mixing bowl, stir together 2 c. flour and yeast.
- Add milk, sugar, egg, salt and dried onion.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl.
- Beat on high speed for 30 minutes more.
- Using a spoon, stir in as much of the 2-2 1/2 cups of flour as you can.
- On a floured surface, knead enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes total.
- Shape into a ball.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray coating.
- Place dough in a bowl; turn once.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size about one hour.
- Punch dough down, and form 18 buns and place on sprayed baking pan.
- Let rise to double in size 30-60 minutes.
- Bake in a warm 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until buns are golden.
Adapted from DCi – Big Sky