15 Sep Low-Sodium Mayonnaise
A low sodium alternative to Hellman’s or Miracle Whip
- 2 large eggs (pasteurized)
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 c. canola oil
- Put the eggs, spices and vinegar in the blender.
- Run your blender’s slowest speed until well mixed.
- Keep the blender running and slowly add the canola oil in a steady stream, increasing the speed of the blender as the mayonnaise thickens.
- Store in the refrigerator.
The more powerful your blender, the thicker the mayonnaise will be. The variance in vinegar is the amount of tartness you like and the spices can be changed as long as you use the mustard. You can use prepared mustard, however this will add sodium.