23 Sep Lemon Blueberry Surprise Muffins
Lemon Blueberry Surprise Muffins
A flourless high protein muffin.
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 T. oil
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/4 c. vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 5 packets Splenda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 T. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 3 oz. cream cheese (cut into 9 cubes)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 9 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the eggs, oil and cream. Stir to blend.
- Add the whey powder, baking powder, Splenda, cinnamon and lemon rind. Stir until it combines. Do not over-stir or the muffins will be tough.
- Fold in the blueberries and gently spoon 1/2 of the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each.
- Fill the tins with the remaining batter, making certain that the batter goes completely and around the cubes of cream cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for eight to ten minutes or until the tops are slightly browned.
Adapted from Diabetescare.net