20 Oct Kim’s Green Bean Chicken Chili
Kim's Green Bean Chicken Chili
Creamy, low sodium, spicy chicken chili with green beans.
- 1 can (10 oz. “Rotel” Mexican tomatoes with lime and cilantro)
- 1 can (14.5 oz. corn (no salt added))
- 1 can (15.25 oz. green beans (no salt added))
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 2 c. “Kitchen Basics” chicken broth (no salt added)
- 3 chicken breast (boneless/skinless boiled and shredded)
- 8 oz. light sour cream
- 1 T. oil
- 1 lb. rice
- 5-7 shakes Tabasco to taste (Large Shakes)
- 1 serving homemade chili seasoning
- HOMEMADE CHILI SEASONING: (1 serving*)
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 dashes mixture of equal parts red pepper powder and cayenne pepper powder
- Boil and shred chicken.
- In large frying pan, add oil and heat.
- Add cooked chicken and fry till lightly brown. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add “Rotel” tomatoes, corn, green beans, chicken broth, spices and cream cheese.
- Mix down and blend all ingredients.
- Add Tabasco.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook 1 lb. of Rice in water while chili simmers.
- Add sour cream to pan and mix in to chili just before serving.
- Layer chili over cooked rice in bowl.
Can also serve in baked tortilla bowl. (Not included in nutritional analysis.)