20 Oct Kim’s Green Bean Chicken Chili
Kim's Green Bean Chicken Chili
Creamy, low sodium, spicy chicken chili with green beans.
Prep Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 can 10 oz. “Rotel” Mexican tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1 can 14.5 oz. corn (no salt added)
- 1 can 15.25 oz. green beans (no salt added)
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 2 c. “Kitchen Basics” chicken broth no salt added
- 3 chicken breast boneless/skinless boiled and shredded
- 8 oz. light sour cream
- 1 T. oil
- 1 lb. rice
- 5-7 shakes Tabasco to taste Large Shakes
- 1 serving homemade chili seasoning
- HOMEMADE CHILI SEASONING: 1 serving*
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 dashes mixture of equal parts red pepper powder and cayenne pepper powder
Boil and shred chicken.
In large frying pan, add oil and heat.
Add cooked chicken and fry till lightly brown. About 1 to 2 minutes.
Add “Rotel” tomatoes, corn, green beans, chicken broth, spices and cream cheese.
Mix down and blend all ingredients.
Bring to boil.
Turn down to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Cook 1 lb. of Rice in water while chili simmers.
Add sour cream to pan and mix in to chili just before serving.
Layer chili over cooked rice in bowl.
Can also serve in baked tortilla bowl. (Not included in nutritional analysis.)