10 Sep Homemade Applesauce
- 6 lbs. apples (peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices)
- 1 c. apple juice or apple cider
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes.
- Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don’t fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve by itself, over pork chops, ice cream, pancakes or any place that applesauce is needed.
Optional ingredients to add: Nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice, butter, etc.
Adapted from Shamoan Jefferson