21 Nov Ground Beef Soup
Ground Beef Soup
This is an easy to prepare low sodium soup.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 c. frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 c. water
- 1 can (14 oz. stewed tomatoes)
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. sliced celery
- 1 low salt bouillon cube
- 1 can (14 oz. low salt beef broth)
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- Add pepper to taste
- Brown beef in large sauce pan over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring to break up meat, then drain.
- Add mixed vegetables, water, stewed tomatoes, onion, celery, bouillon cube, and pepper to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk broth and flour in a small bowl until smooth, add to mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 25 minutes. Stir frequently.
Make sure that the low salt bouillon does NOT contain Potassium Chloride.