19 Oct Green Pea Salad
Green Pea Salad
A great dish to take to potluck dinners
Prep Time 8 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion or sweet onion chopped
- 1 can green peas salt free
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 4 boiled eggs sliced
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 2 slices bacon or turkey bacon
- Cook crisp and crumble in small pieces.
Chop one head of lettuce and spread on bottom of a deep clear glass bowl.
Layer diced celery, diced green bell peppers, onion, green peas, and sliced boiled eggs.
Cover this layer completely with mayonnaise.
Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator overnight.
Before serving, garnish with bacon bits and grated cheese.