03 Sep Fresh Apple Cake
Fresh Apple Cake
Thinly sliced apples create a rich, moist layer of fruit within this cake.
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour – sifted
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 lbs. Granny Smith Apples (about 4 large peeled and cut in thin slices)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda; add to butter mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in apples (batter will be very thick, similar to a cookie dough).
- Spread batter into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan or bundt cake pan.
- Cook 13 x 9 inch pan approximately 45 minutes / bundt cake pan approximately 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.