22 Sep Fish Bake
An easy meal to bake using unsalted soda crackers
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. unsalted soda crackers (crushed)
- 2 lbs. whitefish (or catfish)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- In a shallow dish, mix flour, cracker crumbs and seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut fish in half lengthwise.
- Dip into egg and then into seasoned flour mixture, coating fish liberally.
- Let the fish stand 5 minutes before cooking.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the coated fish fillets on the greased baking sheet.
- Coat the tops of the fillets with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Adapted from Sanofi Company "In-Balance"