03 Sep Elo Pozole
- 1 whole chicken (cut in pieces, skin removed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh ears of corn with kernels sliced off
- 5 guajillo chiles – dried (roasted and ground)
- 5 small zucchini squash cut in chunks
- ½ cup green beans
- 4 sprigs of cilantro (chopped)
- 5 lemons cut into quarters (squeeze juice in to mediumbowl)
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 4 serrano chiles (finely chopped)
- Place chicken pieces in large cooking pot.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and salt.
- Cover with water and cook to boiling.
- In blender, add fresh corn and guajillo chiles.
- Blend together and pour over cooking chicken.
- Cook for 40 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini and green beans, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro, cook for final 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken, debone and shred, and return to pot. Discard bones.
- Serve on crisp corn tostadas, topped with onion garnish.
- Garnish: Mix onion and chile with lemon juice, cover bowl and let sit while chicken is cooking to allow flavors to blend.