02 Sep Dairy Free Quiche
Dairy Free Quiche
- 1 pre-made store bought pie crust
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 5 asparagus spears chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. unsweetened rice or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place prepared pie crust in oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, red peppers, and asparagus, and sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Remove from heat.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, paprika, thyme, black pepper, and rice/almond milk.
- Stir in sautéed vegetables and fresh spinach and stir until well combined.
- Pour eggs and vegetable mixture into the pastry crust, even out the top with a spoon.
- Place in oven and cook for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately.