17 Sep Creamy Mac & Cheese
Creamy Mac & Cheese
Creamy homemade mac & cheese with Italian dressing
- 2 c. macaroni
- 1/4 c. butter (cubed)
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/3 c. Panko bread crumbs
- 2 T. butter (melted)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and stir in flour, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and gradually stir in heavy cream.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add Italian seasoning and stir.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to mixture, a little at a time. Continue to stir until the cream cheese starts to melt.
- Drain macaroni and stir into cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Melt butter and add bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Optional items that may be stirred in include 2 T. of diced onions or substitute French fried onions for the breadcrumbs. (Not included in Nutritional Analysis).
Adapted from Homemade