29 Sep Cranberry-Lime Apple Spritzer
Cranberry-Lime Apple Spritzer
A tasty drink
- 1 zest of lime
- 2 bags (12 oz. Fresh or frozen cranberries)
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 3 T. honey
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 bottle of chilled seltzer water
- Zest a lime: To remove the lime zest (the thin, colored portion of the peel), use a vegetable peeler to take it off in strips. Try to get just the zest portion, because that’s where all of the flavor is.
- Juice 5 limes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, apple juice, honey, and lime zest. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the berries have all popped, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pushing on the berries to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Let cool to room temperature, then transfer the cranberry-lime juice to a jar or juice container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the lime juice and shake to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Makes five cups juice.
- For one spritzer: Spoon ¼ cup of cranberry-lime juice into a tall glass and add ½ cup chilled seltzer.
- Add ice if desired. Add flavoring to mix and shake well.
Adapted from Berkeley Wellness Newsletter