07 Oct Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Spicy chicken soup served with tortillas
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 10 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 oz. can water
- 1 c. corn
- 1 c. hominy
- 1 4 oz. can green chili peppers – chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- lemon juice to taste
- cumin to taste
- green onions (chopped as garnish)
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Stir in chicken, chili powder, oregano (or Italian seasoning) tomatoes, chicken broth, water, corn, hominy, cilantro, and chili peppers and cook on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
- May add lemon juice and cumin to taste.
Serve in bowl with chopped green onions on top with warm tortillas. (Not included in nutritional analysis).