07 Oct Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Spicy chicken soup served with tortillas
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 10 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 oz. can water
- 1 c. corn
- 1 c. hominy
- 1 4 oz. can green chili peppers - chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- lemon juice to taste
- cumin to taste
- green onions chopped as garnish
Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
Stir in chicken, chili powder, oregano (or Italian seasoning) tomatoes, chicken broth, water, corn, hominy, cilantro, and chili peppers and cook on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
May add lemon juice and cumin to taste.
Serve in bowl with chopped green onions on top with warm tortillas. (Not included in nutritional analysis).