03 Sep Chicken in Sesame Sauce
Chicken in Sesame Sauce
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breast fillets)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup white flour
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 small jar orange marmalade about 6 ounces or 2/3 cup
- 4 dried chiles del arbol
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cans mandarin oranges (drained)
- Cut chicken breasts into 4 quarters or into medium strips.
- In medium bowl lightly beat 1 egg.
- Mix together flour and sesame seeds.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture, dust lightly.
- Dip into egg and then return to dip into flour again.
- Heat canola oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add chicken pieces and reduce heat to medium low.
- Fry, browning well on both sides, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add marmalade, dried chile, and vinegar to pan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook sauce until it thickens, caramelizing the marmalade.
- Add mandarin oranges and stir to combine.
Recommend serving with fresh lettuce salad, over ½ cup of white rice. (Not included in nutritional analysis).