17 Sep Caribbean Cream Cake
Caribbean Cream Cake
A sweet bundt cake.
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple (1 can, drained)
- 18 oz. yellow cake mix (1 box)
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. rum flavoring
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to temperature recommended on cake mix box.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and 2 eggs, beating well.
- Stir in crushed, drained pineapple and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, oil, water, rum and vanilla flavorings and 3 eggs.
- Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Spray either a bundt pan or 9×3 1/2 inch tube pan with cooking spray.
- Pour 2/3 of the cake batter into the greased and floured pan, and spoon the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Carefully add the remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes , or until the center is set.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and test for doneness by inserting a butter knife into the center of the cake.
Adapted from Kidney Friendly Comfort Foods