02 Sep Broccoli Salad
A colorful, crunchy dinner salad
- 4 c. of broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 c. thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. lite mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
In large bowl, place broccoli florets, grated carrots, sliced cabbage, sliced scallions, raisins and sesame seeds. Toss to combine well.
In small bowl or measuring cup, combine apple cider vinegar, lite mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and pour over vegetables in large bowl.
Toss to allow dressing to cover vegetables.
Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle and then toss well again before serving.
Adapted from Sandra Crum