02 Sep Broccoli Salad
A colorful, crunchy dinner salad
- 4 c. of broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1 1/2 c. thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. lite mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- In large bowl, place broccoli florets, grated carrots, sliced cabbage, sliced scallions, raisins and sesame seeds. Toss to combine well.
- In small bowl or measuring cup, combine apple cider vinegar, lite mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and pour over vegetables in large bowl.
- Toss to allow dressing to cover vegetables.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle and then toss well again before serving.
Adapted from Sandra Crum