16 Oct Apple Baked Pork Chops
Apple Baked Pork Chops
A hearty dish for cooler weather
- 2 medium apples (cored and sliced)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 6 oz. pork chops, center cut
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. raisins (optional)
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- dash pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (until oil is shimmering), then add the pork chops.
- Brown them on each side and then place them in a pre-greased oven-safe pan.
- Layer the apples on top of the pork chops.
- Deglaze the skillet by adding 1/2 cup of water and stirring it around to pick up all the pork bits.
- Pour the oil/water mixture over the apples
- and pork chops.
- Sprinkle evenly with raisins (optional), cider vinegar, then brown sugar.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 45 minutes.