03 Sep Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry
Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 43g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 3 T. honey
- 3 T. vinegar
- 3 T. pineapple juice
- 1.5 T. lite soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 T. canola oil
- 3 c. frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 c. hot, cooked rice
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- To make sauce, stir together honey, vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
- Pour canola oil into a large skillet or wok. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry frozen vegetables for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Add chicken to hot skillet.
- Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Push chicken away from the center of the skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to center of the skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return cooked vegetables to skillet.
- Stir all ingredients together to coat.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
- Potassium: 349
- Phosphorus: 180
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/