15 Sep Shrimp Scampi
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 T. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. white wine
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 T. butter, cold, cubed
- 1 T. parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the shrimp in flour mixture and coat evenly.
- In a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat half of the canola oil.
- Sauté the shrimp for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until pink and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate or sheet tray to rest.
- In the same pan, combine the garlic, wine (or chicken broth), and lemon juice.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture and cook until it simmers.
- Turn off heat and stir in the cold butter in small amounts until it is all in.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan.
- Add parsley and toss or stir until shrimp is coated.
- Low sodium chicken broth may be substituted for white wine.
- Potassium: 166
- Sodium: 196
- Phosphorus: 220
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/