11 Sep Shrimp and Grits
Shrimp and Grits
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 c. stone ground white grits
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 bunch small shallots, chopped
- 1/2 c. corn kernels
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c. green peas
- 3/4 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add grits, lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When grits are thickened yet creamy, remove from heat and stir in 1 T. of butter.
- Cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté shallots and corn in 1 T. of butter and oil.
- Add red pepper flakes if desired.
- Cook until corn is browned (about 2 minutes).
- Add bell pepper and peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a small amount of butter if skillet is dry, raise heat to medium to high and add shrimp.
- Sauté until cooked thoroughly about 1 minute per side.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Spoon grits into bowls; top with shrimp and vegetable mixture.
- Potassium: 321
- Sodium: 487
- Phosphorus: 240
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/