12 Sep Rice Pilaf
An alternative to potatoes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 c. white rice I prefer Jasmine
- 1/4 c. wild rice
- 1/4 c. orzo pasta
- 2 T unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1-2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 T. fresh parsley chopped fine
- 3 c. low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a sauce pan, heat chicken stock to boiling.
In a frying pan, sauté onions and garlic in butter slowly until they begin to caramelize.
Add orzo and continue to sauté until the orzo begins to brown.
In a 1 1.5-2 quart casserole, mix the rices, onions, garlic, orzo and parsley together.
Carefully add the boiling stocks and pepper (optional).
Cover and bake for 1/2 hour or until all liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with a fork and serve.