03 Sep Renal-Safe Macaroni and Cheese
Renal-Safe Macaroni and Cheese
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 23g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 c. elbow, shell, or bow-tie pasta
- 1 5oz. jar Philadelphia cheese (Pimento) spread made with cream cheese.
- 1 4oz. jar diced green chilies (rinsed and drained)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water without salt or butter until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta while noodles are hot.
- Add the pimento cheese spread and chilies.
- Stir until the cheese spread is melted into the pasta.
- For a higher protein variation, add browned and drained ground beef. (Not included in Nutritional Analysis).
- Potassium: 88
- Phosphorus: 82
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/