Cody Dialysis Chicks – Cody, WY
- We were able to raise a total of $1700 for the Cody Council on Aging (Cody Senior Center)
- We had 33 tables occupied by vendors at our event.
- We had 5 tables occupied by educators, with the following topics: Living Well on Dialysis (Clyde), Resources in our Community (Cody Senior Center), Chronic Kidney Disease Care (Hope with REACH), Eating Well/Kidney Disease Prevention (Liz), Access to Affordable Healthcare (Heritage Health Center).
- We used a “dance card” format, where people became eligible for door prizes upon visiting our 5 educational tables. We had a total of 113 completed “dance cards” turned in during our 5 hour event. There were many other attendees who visited the tables but opted not to complete the “dance card” or enter for a door prize.
- 19 local businesses and 12 of our event vendors provided gift cards or merchandise donations which served as our door prizes. With the larger items, we created a raffle table, which brought in over $200 for the Cody Senior Center.
- Our total expenditures for the event were $1514.13.
This project will bring awareness of kidney disease and organ transplant in a fun environment for the community. Hopefully, with avertising and a kidney booth among the other venders, it will bring out people in the community to find out more about organ transplant. With the lecture, it would give education from a physician with the opportunity to ask questions. We could, also, give free blood pressure screenings to touch on the aspect of hypertension and how this can affect kidney function.
Lynn GustinSend Email
Saturday, June 10th, 2017 @ 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cody Auditorium – 1240 Beck Ave, Cody, WY 82414
Click on the image below to view their final Purpose Project presentation!