10 Sep Lemon Garlic Herbed Green Beans
Lemon Garlic Herbed Green Beans
Peppery green bean dish seasoned with garlic, thyme and lemon.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb. fresh French green beans
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. salted butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 T. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- bowl of ice water
- Trim ends of green beans and wash.
- Drop beans in boiling water and cook until tender but firm, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer beans to bowl of ice water to stop cooking process. Strain.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter in olive oil.
- Add minced garlic to melted butter and oil mixture on low heat.
- Sauté until you smell the aroma of garlic. Do not brown the garlic! (About one minute).
- Drain green beans and add to the garlic mixture.
- Add black pepper and thyme leaves.
- Toss to mix.
- Remove from heat when beans have heated.
- Squeeze lemon juice over beans.
- Toss and serve.
- Potassium: 42
- Sodium: 108
- Phosphorus: 23
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/