28 Sep Fettuccine with Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Fettuccine with Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Light and tangy pasta dish
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 67g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 oz fettuccine noodles
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large lemon
- fresh basil sprigs
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Place a large pot of water over high heat.
- When the water has come to a rolling boil, add the fettuccine and stir through.
- Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm.
- When pasta is done, drain noodles.
- While the pasta cooks, cut the zucchini and yellow squash into thin slices. Julienne-style.
- Chop the basil into thin strips to make 1-2 tablespoons.
- Chop the thyme to make 1 tsp.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry the squash with the minced garlic until crisp but tender.
- Add the basil and thyme and stir-fry another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the hot vegetables.
- Combine squash mixture with cooked pasta and use 2 large forks to loosely combine.
- Serve while warm.
- Garnish plate with extra sprigs of basil or thyme.
- Potassium: 322
- Sodium: 10
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/