03 Sep Elo Pozole
Cook Time 50 minutes
- 1 whole chicken cut in pieces, skin removed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh ears of corn with kernels sliced off
- 5 guajillo chiles – dried roasted and ground
- 5 small zucchini squash cut in chunks
- ½ cup green beans
- 4 sprigs of cilantro chopped
- 5 lemons cut into quarters squeeze juice in to mediumbowl
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 4 serrano chiles finely chopped
Place chicken pieces in large cooking pot.
Add chopped onion, garlic and salt.
Cover with water and cook to boiling.
In blender, add fresh corn and guajillo chiles.
Blend together and pour over cooking chicken.
Cook for 40 minutes over medium high heat.
Add zucchini and green beans, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
Add cilantro, cook for final 5 minutes.
Remove chicken, debone and shred, and return to pot. Discard bones.
Serve on crisp corn tostadas, topped with onion garnish.
Garnish: Mix onion and chile with lemon juice, cover bowl and let sit while chicken is cooking to allow flavors to blend.