03 Sep Chicken in Sesame Sauce
Chicken in Sesame Sauce
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 19g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup white flour
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 small jar orange marmalade about 6 ounces or 2/3 cup
- 4 dried chiles del arbol
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- Cut chicken breasts into 4 quarters or into medium strips.
- In medium bowl lightly beat 1 egg.
- Mix together flour and sesame seeds.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture, dust lightly.
- Dip into egg and then return to dip into flour again.
- Heat canola oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add chicken pieces and reduce heat to medium low.
- Fry, browning well on both sides, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add marmalade, dried chile, and vinegar to pan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook sauce until it thickens, caramelizing the marmalade.
- Add mandarin oranges and stir to combine.
- Recommend serving with fresh lettuce salad, over ½ cup of white rice. (Not included in nutritional analysis).
- Potassium: 349
- Sodium: 85
- Phosphorus: 257
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/