10 Sep Carrot Casserole
Vegetable side dish
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb. carrots
- 12 low sodium Ritz crackers
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T. onion
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel carrots and slice into quarters.
- Place carrots in a large sauce pan and cover with water.
- Over medium heat, boil carrots until soft enough to mash.
- Drain carrots and reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- Mash carrots until they are smooth.
- Crush crackers, melt butter, and mince onion.
- Stir together crackers, onion, butter, salt, pepper, and reserved liquid into mashed carrots.
- Place mixture in a greased small casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.
- Potassium: 150
- Sodium: 189
- Phosphorus: 60
Dialysis Clinic, Inc. http://www.dciinc.org/